Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What I'm Reading!

With more time to read, think, re-read, annotate my text (!), relax, and grow, I've regained my bookwork consciousness. I've been on a kick of reading as much as I can by the authors I'm falling in love with this year.

Woolf, Murakami, and Grenville are far and away my top favorites; under each author I listed my favorite titles first.

Let me know if you're on the same page, or in the same book!

Virginia Woolf - radical artist of words, feminist, revolutionary mind
To the Lighthouse
A Room of One's Own
Three Guineas
The Waves
Jacob's Room


Haruki Murikami - no one's trendier right now than him, with great reason: his dreamscapes resonate with the collective unconscious of our times
The Wind Up Bird Chronicle
1Q84
Kafka on the Shore
Dance, Dance, Dance
Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World


Kate Grenville - an Australian writer whose exquisite prose tells painful honest tales
Lilian's Story
Dark Places
The Secret River


...others...
March by Geraldine Brooks
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
The Odyssey by Homer
The Blind Assassin by Margarte Atwood
The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
L'Education Sentimental by Gustav Flaubert
A Rebours by JK Huysmans
Breath by Tim Winton
The Crooked House by Agatha Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment